Recipe by Kathy228
This dip or spread has a great fresh taste. Serve it right after making it for a softer dip. For a spread, refrigerate before serving. Please use a good quality cheese as a generic brand has extra oil added and will separate out.
Top Review by vickirecipes
Liked this - very easy, with store cupboard ingredients. Added chopped bacon, which it needed, as may have been too cloying otherwise. Used Tabasco sauce, not Worcestershire
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (8 oz pkg)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut-up cheese in 1-inch cubes and put in food processor bowl along with the mayo. Process 'til smooth.
- Add the onions and pepper sauce. Process another minute.
- Transfer cheese mixture to a small mixing bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro and combine well.
- If serving immediately as a dip, pile into a bowl and garnish with a cilantro sprig.
- For a firmer spread-like consistency, refrigerate at least two-hours.
- Serve with crackers and celery sticks.