Recipe by daisygrl64
The irresistible aroma of this quick bread will fill the kitchen and tempt the appetite. From Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Mmmm, daisy these scones are so good! They are flaky and tender with a lovely crunchy top. YUMMY! I made half the recipe using herb infused butter (a little less than stated) and milk instead of the half-and-half. It worked out perfectly and tastes oh so good! I ended up with 8 big scones. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this superb recipe with us! Made and reviewed for Ed#n#9 Novembre 09.
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml dill weed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 400*F.
- in medium bowl combine all ingredients except eggs and halh-and-half.
- cut in butter until crumbly.
- stir in eggs and half-andhalf just until moistened.
- turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth about 1 minute.
- divide dough in half, roll each half into 8" (20cm) circle.
- cut each circle into 8 pie shape wedges.
- place 1inch apart on cookie sheet.
- bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.