Recipe by Juenessa
These biscuits are light and fluffy! From Gourmet Magazine, April 2005.
Top Review by mammalogist
Absolutely fabulous! Juenessa wasn't kidding when she said they were light and fluffy! Of course part of the secret to that is not over-combining the ingredients, but still! I didn't have yogurt so I substituted the same amount of sour cream and they were fantastic!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 2 ounces coarsely grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese (3/4 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3⁄4 cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pulse flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a food processor until combined.
- Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add Cheddar and dill and pulse until just combined.
- Whisk together yogurt and milk, then add to food processor and pulse until dough just comes together.
- Spoon 12 (1/4-cup) mounds of dough about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased large baking sheet and bake until puffed and pale golden, 12 to 15 minutes.