Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make and share this Cheddar Date Nut Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the dates and butter in a small bowl and pour the boiling water over them.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the date mixture, egg, cheddar and nuts.
- Mix until just blended and spoon the mixture into a well greased 9 X 5-inch loaf pan.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a rack and cool before slicing.
- NOTE: The flavor improves if the bread stands overnight before serving.