Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cheese and dates together in a bar cookie. Yum! Recipe orginally from an advertisement for Canadian cheddar cheese.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Remove from heat. Stir sugar into melted butter. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. Mix in cheese, dates and nuts.
- Spread batter in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Cool. Cut into bars or squares. Makes about 28 depending on how you cut them.