This is a Rachael Ray Recipe that has been altered to use less ingredients & be a little easier to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 mcintosh apples, peeled quartered, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 -8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (eyeball it)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- all-purpose flour
- olive oil, for frying
- 1Place 3 eggs and 1/4 cup of milk in a medium bowl.
- 2Add chicken cutlets to bowl and let sit for a few minutes.
- 3Place the flour in a dish.
- 4Mix the breadcrumbs and finely shredded Cheddar and put on a plate.
- 5Take each cutlet on of the egg-milk mixture one by one; Coat the chicken first in flour and then in the breadcrumb and cheddar mixture
- 6Heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat and add the coated chicken breasts.
- 7Cook in a single layer about 5 to 8 minutes on each side until browned and fully cooked.
- 8Preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 9Add the apples, lemon juice, cider, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 10Stir the mixture.
- 11Cook, stirring frequently, until mushy, about 15 minutes.
- 12Serve the chicken with the applesauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar-Crusted Chicken With Chunky Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.9
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 189.4 mg
- Sodium 480.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 22.5 g