Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Rachael Ray Recipe that has been altered to use less ingredients & be a little easier to make.
- 5 mcintosh apples, peeled quartered, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 -8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (eyeball it)
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- all-purpose flour
- olive oil, for frying
- Place 3 eggs and 1/4 cup of milk in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken cutlets to bowl and let sit for a few minutes.
- Place the flour in a dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and finely shredded Cheddar and put on a plate.
- Take each cutlet on of the egg-milk mixture one by one; Coat the chicken first in flour and then in the breadcrumb and cheddar mixture
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat and add the coated chicken breasts.
- Cook in a single layer about 5 to 8 minutes on each side until browned and fully cooked.
- Preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the apples, lemon juice, cider, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir the mixture.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until mushy, about 15 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the applesauce.