1/5 Photos of Cheddar Crust Apple Tart
A great Thanksgiving treat. Easy and quick, adapted from Chatelaine magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.5 (397 g) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (use old or sharp)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
- 3 large apples, peeled and sliced thin (McIntosh or granny Smith are best)
- 1/4 cup sugar (I use splenda)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 tablespoon apricot jam (choice of apricot, apple or peach, jam or jelly) (optional)
- 1Place oven rack in lower position in oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Lightly sprinkle counter with flour.
- 3Place puff pastry dough on top.
- 4Dust rolling pin with flour.
- 5Roll pasty into a rectangle about 16 x 10 inches. Pastry will be very thin and the edges will be uneven.
- 6Place on a large ungreased baking sheet.
- 7Sprinkle half of the cheese and half of the rosemary along the edges of dough, forming a narrow border. Fold edges over to completely cover and press down to seal.
- 8Slice apples into thin wedges and place in a large bowl.
- 9Sprinkle apples with remaining cheese and rosemary, sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and cinnamon. Toss to evenly coat.
- 10Tumble apples over centre of pastry inside border then evenly spread out and gently press down.
- 11Bake on bottom rack of oven and bake until pastry is deep golden and apples are tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 12Place on rack.
- 13To glaze apples, discard any chunky pieces of fruit from jam.
- 14Place jam in a small bowl and microwave on medium high until melted, about 30 seconds.
- 15Brush glaze over warm apples, let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- 16Cut into squares and serve warm.
- 17Great with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Crust Apple Tart
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.1
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 150.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g