- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained,seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices,toasted (long skinny french Bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add the tomatoes and stir over low heat 5 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the vinegar,yolk and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the mixture onto the toast slices.
- In a toaster oven broil until cheese is bubbly.