1 hr 5 mins
Ms. Ayon's dishes's Note:
A great souffle for an elegant meal. The sharp cheddar cheese stretches the flavor of crabmeat, yet contributes rich flavor on its own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw crabmeat, save juices. Blend with cheese. Set aside.
- 2Saute green onions in butter until soft but not browned.
- 3Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add half-and-half. Cook, stirring, over moderate heat until mixture thickens. Add cayenne and juices.
- 4Stir in the egg yolks. Blend in crabmeat and cheese.
- 5Whip egg whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar and continue whipping until whites form stiff peaks.
- 6Fold a portion of the whites into the sauce to lighten it. Foild entire amount of whites into the sauce carefully.
- 7Pour into a buttered 2-quart souffle dish. Bake at 375 degrees fro 45 minute.
- 8Good served with marinated broccoli salad, hot rolls or french bread.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar-Crab Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.5
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 278.4 mg
- Sodium 704.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 18.3 g