1 hr 15 mins
For a completely vegetarian quiche, leave the crab out. I used this recipe for a friend that was having some problems with finding a lower fat recipe, using reduced fat cheese and liquid egg substitute. Obviously we can add the fat back in if you like!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) can white crab meat, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoe
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 425F degrees.
- 2Place the thawed hash browns in a prepared dish.
- 3Using your hands, press the potatoes evenly over the bottom of the dish and then spray the potatoes with non stick spray.
- 4Place the dish in the preheated oven until the potatoes are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- 5Remove the potato crust from the oven and sprinkle the crab meat and cheese evenly over the crust.
- 6Combine the egg substitute, milk, onion, dried tomato bits, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a bowl.
- 7Mix well and slowly pour the mixture over the top and sprinkle with parsley Bake the quiche for 15 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 300°F and bake until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean, 30-35 minutes longer.
- 8Alolw the quiche to rest 10 minutes before cutting.
- 9Note: If you are going to freeze the quiche for later, freeze on a tray; then wrap with freezer paper, heavy-duty aluminum foil, or slide it into a freezer bag.
- 10Seal, label and freeze up to two months.
- 11Do not thaw before reheating.
- 12Unwrap and bake in a 375°F oven for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Crab Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.4
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 541.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 16.2 g