Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is different from the usual cream-cheese based hot crab dips. I know the combo sounds a bit weird, but don't let the velveeta put you off, it all comes together in the end. You can use real crab or the fake stuff, but I prefer real. Serve with Bremner's wafers or any other good, mild cracker.
- 1 cup crab, picked over to remove cartilage
- 1 (10 ounce) package Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Tabasco sauce
- Combine cheeses in saucepan with butter and wine.
- Stir over low heat until cheeses melt.
- Stir in crab & continue cooking to heat through.
- Add salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste.
- Pour into serving dish & serve with crackers or crudites.