Recipe by Kanzeda
The green pumpkinseeds, or pepitas, lend crunch, while the green chiles add spicy heat. This recipe originated from cooking light. I did make a few changes and the result was a hit. The muffins are very moist, almost like bread puddings, but they do hold their shape.
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup 2% buttermilk
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold the pepitas into the mixture. Spoon into muffin tin coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.