1/5 Photos of Cheddar Corn Muffins
I found this recipe in a cookbook called. Quick Vegetarian Pleasures. Makes 12 muffins. "These are light and moist, with a mild but irresistible cheese accent. They are equally good served for breakfast or with chili. If you want a more traditional corn muffin, just leave out the cheese."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Butter the insides and the top of a regular muffin pan (1/3 cup).
- 3In large bowl thoroughly combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- 4In medium bowl, beat the egg.
- 5Beat in the milk and the melted butter.
- 6Combine with the dry ingredients until just evenly moistened.
- 7Do not overmix.
- 8Stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- 9Immediately spoon the batter into the muffin pan.
- 10Evenly sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the muffins.
- 11Bake 17 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- 12Best served warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.8 mg
- Sodium 280.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g