Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A kid-friendly version of Chicken Cordon Bleu. Adults will love it too!
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 slices ham (thin slices)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (Italian are best)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pound chicken breasts with a mallet until tender and malleable.
- Sprinkle each breast with 1/4 garlic powder.
- Spread 1/4 of mayo on each breast.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of cheddar on each breast.
- Lay ham slice over top of cheese.
- Roll breast tightly, secure with at least two toothpicks.
- Repeat with each chicken breast.
- Place in 9x9 glass pan, open side down.
- Sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Pour butter over top.
- Cook for 40 minutes, turning inside edges to outside of pan at 25 minutes till juices run clear and meat is no longer pink.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly!
I tried with Prosciutto and we really liked it. Thanks!
This made for a great one-dish dinner, after adding two cups of broccoli to the casserole. The chicken was very moist when cooked. I had never thought of adding mayo to the chicken breasts. I did find I only used one tablespoon of mayo per chicken breast.