Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
The biscuits will keep for six days in a airtight container.
- 225 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 115 g butter, diced
- 115 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 200c/fan 180c/gas 6. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Sift teh flour,salt & caynne into a bowl & tip into a food processor along with the butter. Whizz into fine crumbs.
- Tip the mixture back into the bowl & stir in the cheese & chives.Stir in the egg & 2 tbsp cold water.As soon as the mixture starts to come together, turn it out onto a floured board & lightly knead until smooth.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a 75mm thickness. Using an 80mm fluted cutter, cut the dough into biscuits.Then re-roll the remaining dough until all of it is used.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Place on a rack to cool.