- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup dried chives or 1⁄4 cup fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Cut shortening into flour mixture until it turns to coarse crumbs.
- Add yogurt, cheese and chives. Stir gently and quickly until just moistened.
- Drop by generous tablespoons onto cookie sheets. Press top down slightly,.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 9-12 minutes or until brown.