Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
Add garlic butter while warm and they are unbelievable. I'm guessing at the number of servings and yield.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Cut shortening into flour mixture until it turns to coarse crumbs.
- Add yogurt, cheese and chives. Stir gently and quickly until just moistened.
- Drop by generous tablespoons onto cookie sheets. Press top down slightly,.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 9-12 minutes or until brown.
I used plain, low fat kefir in place of yogurt, whole wheat flour instead of refined and low fat cheddar. Wow, these were good!
WONDERFUL FLAVOR! We enjoyed them. The cheese in the biscuits made them so good along with the flavor of the chives. Easy to prepare! Thanks for sharing this recipe. Prepared as a participant in the Asparagus and Chives Event in the Spice of the Month of the Gardening Forum May 2009.
I couldn't resist making this recipe - I was sure they would make for a five star at our house and they did! You're right - 'you just can't eat one' - they made for a great addition to our evening meal. With the prep done they are so easy to make and pop into the oven. Great combination the cheese, the yogurt and the chives. Used fresh chives from the garden but I am sure they would be equally good with the freeze dried. Another for my favourites cookbook - thank you for a recipe that I know will see to a good many repeats.