Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great bread to serve with a simple dinner since it has such great flavors. It makes a 2-pound loaf.
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- Add ingredients to your machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer of your machine, adding the cheese with the milk.
- Select the cycle ~ either basic white if you plan to bake in the bread machine or dough if you plan to shape and bake in your oven.
- Dough may appear dry at first but will become more moist as the cheese is incorporated into the dough.
This is ok, but I didn't get the extreme cheese flavor, even though I put in two cups of extra sharp shredded cheese instead of 1 2/3. It did end up being a nice, moist loaf though.
i made this and then made grilled chese sandwiches with my sandwich press for my kids it was great they ate the whole loaf in the same day!
I made this great bread several dys ago & thot I should get to the review since I made another of your bread recipes last nite. This is a very dense, heavy bread that is packed w/the cheddar cheese flavor. The chive flavor is less prominent, but still nicely present. It is ideal w/soup, great toasted + smeared w/butter & I bet would make great croutons. Eating it warm seems to maximize the great flavors, but its heavy texture makes it less than ideal for sammies unless able to slice it very thin. I cut thin slices, froze them, will make grilled cheese sammies w/them & bet they will be fantastic. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)