Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This is a great bread to serve with a simple dinner since it has such great flavors. It makes a 2-pound loaf.
Top Review by Tornado Ali
This is ok, but I didn't get the extreme cheese flavor, even though I put in two cups of extra sharp shredded cheese instead of 1 2/3. It did end up being a nice, moist loaf though.
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 2⁄3 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients to your machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer of your machine, adding the cheese with the milk.
- Select the cycle ~ either basic white if you plan to bake in the bread machine or dough if you plan to shape and bake in your oven.
- Dough may appear dry at first but will become more moist as the cheese is incorporated into the dough.