Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from the Bevo Mill restaurant in St. Louis, Missouri. (It's right up the street from my house). These are very good.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl with fork, stir flour, Cheddar cheese, sugar, baking powder, chives, and salt until combined.
- Add butter and oil and stir just until mixed.
- Add milk and stir just until mixtture forms a soft dough that leaves side of bowl (do not overmix).
- Drop dough by 1/4 cups, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake biscuits about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool biscuits slightly on wire rack to serve warm or cool completely to serve later.
- Reheat if you like.
Great biscuits - easy to make. I used fresh chives and 1 % milk and they turned out fine. I love that there is no kneading the dough - just drop.
I also made these biscuits to serve with soup. Nice and tasty biscuits and very easy to make. Thanks mydesigirl.
Made these biscuits to accompany a soup last night and they were terrific. I halved the recipe and it worked just fine. Thanks for a great recipe. This is the first time I have made biscuits and was very pleased with the outcome.