Recipe by mydesigirl
This recipe comes from the Bevo Mill restaurant in St. Louis, Missouri. (It's right up the street from my house). These are very good.
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder, plus
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl with fork, stir flour, Cheddar cheese, sugar, baking powder, chives, and salt until combined.
- Add butter and oil and stir just until mixed.
- Add milk and stir just until mixtture forms a soft dough that leaves side of bowl (do not overmix).
- Drop dough by 1/4 cups, 1 inch apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake biscuits about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool biscuits slightly on wire rack to serve warm or cool completely to serve later.
- Reheat if you like.