Recipe by Snowyowl/PB
Once you make this recipe, you'll add it your list of favorites, too. It combines the best of two all-time classics-corn chowder and chicker soup. Enjoy!!
Top Review by Ck2plz
We loved it! My DH told me to make this again. The prep time is a little longer than 10 minutes. I cheated and used a rotisserie chicken. I increased the garlic and would increase it even more next time. I will put some "heat" into next time. Possibly, some jalapenoes, can of rotel tomatoes or green chilies. This was super good and will make again. PAC Fall 2009.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1⁄2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups red potatoes, peeed and chopped
- 2 1⁄4 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (3 ounce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble and set aside.
- Add chicken,onion ,bell pepper, and garlic to drippings in pan, saute 5 minutes. Add broth and potato, bring to a boil. Cover,reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes or until potato is tender,stir in corn.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup;level with a knife. Place flour in a bowl. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended, add to soup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Simmer 15 minutes or until thick; stir frequently. Stir in cheese,salt and pepper.
- Spoon into bowles; top with crumbled bacon.