Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tastes just like it sounds...like cheddar and chicken. Nothing fancy here, just a little cheese to brighten up some boring ol' chicken. The great thing about this recipe, though, is its versatility...use taco cheese and green chiles; mozzarella and italian bread crumbs...you get the picture. I just know it's darn tasty however you make it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast half; stuff each pocket with a quarter of the cheese; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Mix the flour, garlic salt and pepper in a shallow dish; place eggs in another shallow dish and bread crumbs in a third.
- Dip stuffed chicken breasts in flour mixture to coat, next in eggs, then in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken for 4- 6 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Put skillet in a 375 degree oven and bake uncovered for 12- 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
Sounds yummy, can't wait to give this a try!