Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Ever get tired of spaghetti in it's normal way? Try this. This is a casserole that is popular in the south, this is a great way to use up leftover chicken. Chicken, canned soup mix, spaghetti, cheese and more make a hearty casserole. I have made this with other types of noodles and it has turned out well.
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (26 ounce) family size can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- salt, to taste
- cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Ritz cracker crumbs, crumbled (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water with garlic salt, rince with hot water. Saute onion in butter until brown. Mix all ingredients except optional cheese and crumbs. Sprinkle with cheese and cracker crumbs, if desired. Bake for 25 minutes at 350°F, or until golden brown and bubbly on top.