Recipe by Sandi G.
This is a very good recipe to eat on a chilly night. I got this from a friend, but revised it to fit my families taste. One of my family favorites. Takes a little time to make, but well worth it.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and chunked
- 1 cup shell macaroni, cooked
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart saucepan, heat olive oil over low heat, add onion, celery and carrots. Cook until tender, but not soft.
- Sprinkle vegetables w/flour and stir quickly to combine; gradually stir in water.
- Add chicken granules and stir constantly, bringing to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower and cook, stirring for about 3 minutes
- Add milk and cheese. Continue stirring until cheese melts.
- Reduce heat to low and add remaining ingredients and cook until thoroughtly heated.