Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a children's cookbook a few year ago. My kids love it and so do I!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cut into chunks
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pour cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup into a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Stir in the chicken broth a little bit at a time until completely blended.
- Add rice, onion powder and chicken; stir well.
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook 5 minutes more.
This is a very delicious recipe. I've been working on doubling it since the first time we tried it. I double everything *EXCEPT* the chicken. I'm still getting the rice a wee bit crunchy, so I think maybe a bit more broth is in order. Thank you for the great dinner!
Delicious and easy to put together. My choice of chicken were boneless chicken thighs. I think they have way more flavor then white meat.:)