Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a great weeknight dinner and it tastes amazing!!! The mixture of chicken, fresh tomatoes, broccoli and italian dressing makes for a delicious dinner the whole family will love. You of course can make it with any vegetable on hand-I've even made it without the cheddar cheese and the taste is still great!!
- 118.29 ml KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- 473.18 ml white rice, uncooked or 473.18 ml instant brown rice
- 295.73 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml small broccoli florets
- 354.88 ml chopped tomatoes
- 236.59 ml shredded mild cheddar cheese
- pepper, and
- garlic powder, to taste
- Heat italian dressing in large skillet over med high heat.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic to taste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, chicken broth and broccoli.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Let stand covered for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cheddar cheese and stir until blended.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to your liking and ENJOY!
I thought it was pretty tasty. My 3 year old loved it. I only used 1 cup of dry rice and 1 3/4 cups broth. I simmered for 20 minutes after it started boiling. I did not add tomatoes since I didn't have any on hand. I will be more careful with how much salt I use next time.
This was tasty, however I thought it smelled a lot better while it was cooking than it tasted. I think I too would marinate the chicken. I also used 1 cup rice and 2 cups broth. I added the broccoli when the rice was almost done cooking. I cooked the rice for 20 minutes. I realized I didn't have any cheddar cheese so I used mozzarella.
The flavor of this dish is outstanding but I had to modify the directions in order for it to be edible. I realized that it was impossible to use uncooked rice and have it cooked completely in 10 minutes, plus the amount of liquid to rice was way out of whack so cut the rice to one cup and increased the chicken broth to 2 cups and increased the cooking time to 25 minutes and it was great. This was using white rice. If I had been using brown would have had to increase cooking time to 45 minutes. All in all this is a great and easy recipe to prepare and it will tolerate other veggies as I was out of broccoli so ended up using peas and carrots.