Recipe by Cookinmomof3
This is such a great weeknight dinner and it tastes amazing!!! The mixture of chicken, fresh tomatoes, broccoli and italian dressing makes for a delicious dinner the whole family will love. You of course can make it with any vegetable on hand-I've even made it without the cheddar cheese and the taste is still great!!
Top Review by Jonesa28
I thought it was pretty tasty. My 3 year old loved it. I only used 1 cup of dry rice and 1 3/4 cups broth. I simmered for 20 minutes after it started boiling. I did not add tomatoes since I didn't have any on hand. I will be more careful with how much salt I use next time.
- 1⁄2 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- 2 cups white rice, uncooked or 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- pepper, and
- garlic powder, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat italian dressing in large skillet over med high heat.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic to taste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, chicken broth and broccoli.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Let stand covered for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cheddar cheese and stir until blended.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to your liking and ENJOY!