Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another casserole/one dish meal to add to your 'comfort food' collection...Serve with a nice tossed salad!
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked and drained (Ronzoni Whole Wheat Pasta)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up (equalling 3 cups)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package green peas, thawed (freezer section)
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheese soup (98% fat free, if available)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (sold in supermarkets by the jar)
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion and mushroom in the oil until done.
- In a large bowl, combine the already cooked rotini, green peas, milk, soup, salt, pepper, minced garlic and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese.
- Add the chicken mixture; stir to combine and pour into a greased 3 quart baking dish/pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 25 min or until hot and bubbly.
Made this for company, everyone loved it, I also added some garlic and onions. Thanks for the great recipe.
The dish was easy to make and the ingredients sounded good but I did not enjoy the dish. It did not have much taste. Maybe it could use more salt.
I made this for my family, somthing quick and easy. Everyone really enjoyed it. I did add a clove of garlic, onions and season salt as well. It turned out fantastic!