Another casserole/one dish meal to add to your 'comfort food' collection...Serve with a nice tossed salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked and drained (Ronzoni Whole Wheat Pasta)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up (equalling 3 cups)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package green peas, thawed (freezer section)
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheese soup (98% fat free, if available)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (sold in supermarkets by the jar)
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion and mushroom in the oil until done.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the already cooked rotini, green peas, milk, soup, salt, pepper, minced garlic and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese.
- 4Add the chicken mixture; stir to combine and pour into a greased 3 quart baking dish/pan.
- 5Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- 6Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 25 min or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Chicken and Peas Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 107.6 mg
- Sodium 699.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 60.0 g