1/1 Photo of Cheddar Cheezers Baked Macaroni
I've grown to accept macaroni and cheese has alot of variety, and I like mine in various ways. Here is a basic recipe for it not using the velveeta so many others do. I also never understood the addition of eggs to mac & cheese. You won't find any of those in here also. Very simple and good if you just want a recipe to base your creation on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook your pasta until a little under cooked. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a large, dutch oven melt butter over medium heat.
- 3When melted add all flour and mix very well. Stir roux for a few minutes to cook off flour taste.
- 4Add all milk at once and stir continually. Add salt and pepper.
- 5When mixture has thickened start adding cheese while continuing to stir.
- 6After all cheese has been added, add mustard. Check for seasoning. Adjust as necessary.
- 7Add macaroni to cheese sauce and stir well to incorperate.
- 8Place mixture into prepared 13x9 in" glass casserole.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees until slightly brown and bubbling.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Cheezers Baked Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (1998 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4857.9
- Calories from Fat 2566
- Total Fat 285.1 g
- Saturated Fat 177.5 g
- Cholesterol 857.7 mg
- Sodium 8955.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 371.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 200.7 g