- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 16 ounces rotini pasta or 16 ounces penne pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add Cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and red pepper, whisking until cheese melts.
- Add pasta, tossing to coat.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.