Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Bon Appetit, these burgers are always a hit. Instead of poking a hole in the burgers, I make 4 thin patties, put the cheese on one, and then seal the patties together.
- 10 ounces ground sirloin or 10 ounces lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 English muffins (4 1/2-inch-diameter split horizontally)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Combine meat, onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in medium bowl; blend well.
- Divide meat mixture into 2 equal portions.
- Shape each into ball.
- Poke deep hole in each ball and fill each with half of cheese.
- Mold meat around cheese to enclose.
- Flatten each filled burger to 3/4-inch-thick patty.
- Grill burgers to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium.
- Grill muffin halves until beginning to color, about 1 minute per side.
- Serve burgers in muffins.