Cheddar Cheese Spoon Bread
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil; add in salt and lower the heat to simmering.
- Add in the cornmeal while stirring with a wire whisk; continue to cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in pepper, butter, and milk.
- When the mixture in smooth, add in the eggs and beat with a whisk.
- Stir in the cheese and scallions.
- Transfer mixture to a buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 40 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.