Recipe by BigRed_Qc
Rumour is that this recipe is the one they use at Red Lobster. Ever go there and they offer these little cheese scones that everyone wants and they can keep em comming? I'll tell you, I make these at home and they are the best I've ever tasted. A little thing I tried also, I brush the scones with butter AFTER they are cooked. I find I like it a lot like that.
Top Review by Helen1
This was just what I was looking for! I used 1 cup Kraft Double Cheddar and 1/2 cup of Kraft Italiano shredded cheeses. I baked them on Reynold's Release foil, and I made 6 big ones like at the coffee shops. Mmmmmm... great with the butter melting into them. Thanks Big Red
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix (Purchased)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, Finely Grated
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, Melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, Melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes, Dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Bisquick with cheddar cheese, milk, 2 tablespoons of butter that has been melted in the microwave, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Mix until well-combined.
- Drop approximately 1/4-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, parsley flakes and salt.
- Brush this mixture over the tops of each unbaked biscuit.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
- Serve Warm.