1/5 Photos of Cheddar Cheese Scones
These are the best scones I have ever eaten! Terrific served with soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cayenne pepper and salt.
- 2Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Stir in the cheese.
- 4Add the buttermilk all at once, stirring with a fork to make a soft, sticky dough.
- 5With lightly floured hands, press the dough into a ball.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, knead gently 10 times.
- 7Pat out the dough into a 3/4-inch thick round.
- 8Using a 2-1/2-inch floured cutter, cut out rounds.
- 9Place on a ungreased baking sheet.
- 10Gather up the scraps and repat dough once; cut out more rounds.
- 11Brush the tops of the scones with egg.
- 12Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Cheese Scones
Serving Size: 1 (844 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.9
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 378.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 6.0 g