1/3 Photos of Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Use this whenever you need a cheese sauce! You can cut the recipe in half if desired.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- 2Add in flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- 3Slowly add in the half and half cream and whisk until the sauce is thick.
- 4Add in the yolks and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- 5Add in the cheese, and stir over low heat until melted.
- 6Remove the sauce from the heat and season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
- 7Pour the sauce into a bowl.
- 8Cover the top of the sauce with buttered wax paper.
- 9Heat again before serving or refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.4
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 231.2 mg
- Sodium 1184.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 22.1 g