Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From last week's Weekend magazine, Foodcourt column. The cooking time is a guesstimate as nothing was mentioned.
- 8 slices bread
Cheddar Cheese Salad
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup green capsicum, finely chopped (green bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 4 teaspoons dried limes (powdered loomi)
- 4 teaspoons black olives, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the bread nests, first of all, trim the edges of the bread slices.
- Then grease 8 cup cake moulds with butter.
- Press down 1 bread slice on the cup cake mould.
- Brush bread with butter.
- Bake the bread nests in a pre-heated oven at 200C until golden brown in colour.
- Remove nests from the moulds.
- Set aside.
- Now start preparing the Cheddar cheese salad.
- Heat 1 tbsp.
- oil in a pan.
- Add capsicum, carrot and broccoli.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Add loomi.
- Remove from flame.
- Add olives, corriander and cheese and mix well.
- Arrange bread nests on a plate.
- Fill each nest with the cheese salad and serve.