Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Nigella's Express by Nigella Lawson.
Make and share this Cheddar Cheese Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 small leeks or 2 large green onions, finely sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans hot chicken broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- To cook leeks: Heat butter and oil in medium-sized saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Add leeks. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- To cook rice: Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Increase heat to high. Stir in wine and mustard. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until wine is absorbed. Add 1 ladle of hot broth. Cook for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Repeat, adding broth and cooking, until rice is al dente, about 20 minutes.
- To add cheese: Stir in cheese until it melts. Remove pan from heat, still stirring. Spoon into warm dishes. Garnish with chopped chives.
very simple to make and was yummy - the kids loved it
This was a simple but great recipe. I had run out of everything, so I actually only used Cheddar cheese, organic risotto, extra virgin olive oil, margarine, white wine, and some basil leaves instead of the chives. Being vegetarian I used veg stock. Result was a fab, creamy risotto that tasted great. (I used 1 cup of rice and about 1 1/2 cup of cheese).