1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage or 1/2 lb garlic sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1 cup corn kernel (frozen or drained canned)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded medium cheddar
- 1Remove sausage from casings and crumble into medium skillet; add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until meat is no longer pink.
- 2Slice 3 thin rings from bottom of red pepper, set aside to garnish; chop remainder of pepper and stir into sausage.
- 3Add salsa, corn and cilantro; set aside.
- 4Squeeze excess moisture from spinach; toss with parmesan cheese, pepper and mozzarella cheese.
- 5Place one tortilla on lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet; spread generously 2/3 cup sausage mixture and top with 1/3 cup cheddar cheese; cover with another tortilla.
- 6Distribute generously 1 cup spinach mixture on tortilla; repeat layers ending with a tortilla.
- 7Press down lightly.
- 8Cover loosely with foil; bake in 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- 9Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup (75 mL) cheddar cheese and red pepper rings; continue to bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 10Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- 11Serve with additional salsa, sour cream or guacamole.
- 12Note; Make fillings ahead of time and refrigerate; assemble and bake just before serving.
- 13Bake for a few minutes extra if cold.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Cheese Quesadilla Torte
Serving Size: 1 (538 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1077.3
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 2502.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 47.2 g