Prep 20 mins
Cook 23 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup grated old cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch mustard powder
- 1 egg
- mustard seeds or caraway seeds or fennel seeds or paprika or grated parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, boil the butter and water until butter melts.
- Remove from heat, stir in flour, cheeses, paprika and mustard.
- Return to heat and cook 2-3 minutes, heating constantly to form a paste.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg.
- Slowly stir into mixture and beat until thoroughly comined.
- Spoon 20 to 25 coin sized mounds of mixture onto lighlty greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with a selection of deiiferent toppings.
- Bake in pre-heated (400F/200C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Serves hot or cold.
Damn, those are good! My little girls asked for more; only pancakes are so honored!