Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cheese sauce powder can usually be found near the parmesan cheese or online. It makes an excellent and much less alternative to using boxed macaroni and cheese mixes. Cheese powder can also be used on popcorn, steamed vegetables and in soups and casseroles. It is usually whisked into warm milk and butter to make macaroni and cheese sauce.
- 1 cup macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup cheese sauce mix (approx. 1.1 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup dry milk, equivalent
- 2 tablespoons. to 1/4 cup butter (optional) or 2 margarine (optional)
- Boil pasta as per directions on package to desired tenderness.
- Drain cooked pasta and return to pan.
- Warm the milk.
- Stir in cheese sauce powder, milk, and butter until melted and cheese is dissolved.