Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a Welcome Wagon Club cookbook years ago and I thought I'd share it. Darn good little casserole.
- 9 medium potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Cook potatoes, then add butter, salt, pepper and milk.
- Mash potatoes until smooth.
- Fold whipped cream and cheddar cheese together.
- Butter a 9x12 casserole dish.
- Line bottom of dish with the mashed potatoes.
- Spread cheese/cream mixture over the potato layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let set 10 minutes after removing from oven and then serve.
- Note: Swiss cheese can be used instead of cheddar and it's still great.
ok this is how i make my scalloped potatoes too this are really good munster cheese is good too try it youll like it lol dee