1/4 Photos of Cheddar Cheese Popovers
Smurfetta Chef #427781's Note:
These quick breads are great for brunches and soups or salads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Generously butter 6 cups in a popover pan or 6 six ounce custard cups.
- 3In a large bowl, beat eggs well with mixer.
- 4At low speed add milk.
- 5Add flour and salt and beat until smooth.
- 6Stir in melted butter.
- 7Fill cups 1/2 full with batter.
- 8Top with cheese and pour in remaining batter.
- 9Bake 50 minutes or until puffed and deep golden brown.
- 10Let pans cool 1 minute and then loosen with a knife.
- 11Serve with hot with butter and fresh fruit.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Cheese Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.9
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 142.9 mg
- Sodium 285.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 11.0 g