Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
These quick breads are great for brunches and soups or salads.
Make and share this Cheddar Cheese Popovers recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Generously butter 6 cups in a popover pan or 6 six ounce custard cups.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs well with mixer.
- At low speed add milk.
- Add flour and salt and beat until smooth.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Fill cups 1/2 full with batter.
- Top with cheese and pour in remaining batter.
- Bake 50 minutes or until puffed and deep golden brown.
- Let pans cool 1 minute and then loosen with a knife.
- Serve with hot with butter and fresh fruit.
These popovers are not good at all.
This was a GREAT recipe, thank you very much for sharing. I love popovers, and this is the only recipe I've found that allows the addition of cheese and then actually "pops over". I added about 1/2 tsp melted butter to each of my 6 non-stick popover cups, and I used about 1 tsp of smoked cheddar in each. They were delicious! Tip - promptly remove the popovers from the pan after baking, to avoid moisture building up in the pan, causing your popovers to get soggy - then poke a hole in each one to release the steam. The popovers will be crisp on the outside and moist (but not wet) on the inside. Perfection!
Delicious! I made this and my popovers turned out light and fluffy with a yummy cheesy center. I can't tell you how impressed my family was when I served this as a side dish. Thanks for the recipe.