Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Always used a complicated cheese sauce for this recipe when in the food biz, but canned soup works fine. Drink any remaining beer. Must supply your own fireplace!
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2.46 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 4 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can chicken stock
- 1 can medium-bodied beer
- 2 can milk
- Add first 5 ingredients to heavy soup pot and lightly saute.
- Add remaining ingredients (using empty soup cans to measure the milk and beer) Heat to simmer.
- When serving, top each cup or bowl with generous handful of freshly popped, lightly salted, popcorn.
Wow! What a great soup! I have a tattoo of popcorn on my left forearm (that's on the right if you're looking at my picture), so I knew when I read this that I had to try it. Now, some call me a professional "cook", but to think that you can actually used canned milk just blew me away! I use canned milk almost every day (try it in margaritas - it's great!) but I had never thought to use it in soup! Silky, smooth, and packed plum full of popcorn/cheese/beer/milk flavor!I'm so happy!
Quick and easy with lots of flavor! I cut the recipe in half and it worked well.
This turned out sooooo good thank you for sharing it was amazing!! I have attacked my pic.