Recipe by CindiJ
I found this recipe in a very old Farm Journal Best Ever Pies Cookbook in 1980. This is perfect with Apple Pie or Pear Pie Filling.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup Crisco
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 -6 tablespoons ice water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, cheese and salt in large bowl.
- Cut in shortening until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle water into mixture a tablespoon at a time. Press dough with one hand adding water until a ball forms.
- Let chill 1 hour.
- This recipe will make 1 (2 crust) 8 or 9 inch pie. Bake according to pie directions.
- This also works well in food processor.