Recipe by VLizzle
A fabulous easy recipe that can be used as a main course or side dish. Sure to please any cheese lover.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made as directed & used pecans on the top! Then I sliced the pie into 16 small wedges & served them up as finger food ~ Very nice, something different, & a big hit! Many thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my invitees in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (I recommend Cabot Preferred Stock)
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted chopped walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake pie crust for 10 minutes.
- Mix eggs, cream, cheese & scallions in a large bowl and pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the toasted nuts on top of the pie and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.