Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
So a friend requested this pie recently, and it sounded so intriguing, I had to try it. I couldn't find a recipe that "did it" for me, so I threw some things together and this pie was born! The combination sounds a bit strange, but believe me, it is delicious.
- 5 ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Combine in a large bowl the filling ingredients and then pour into the pie crust.
- Rinse out the bowl and then re-use it to make the topping, (I hate using more dishes than neccesary!)
- Combine topping ingredients and then press over the filling.
- Pop it in the oven and bake at 425* for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden.
- Cool for about 15 minutes before serving. It is best served warm.