Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A beautiful and delicious sandwich. I like to sprinkle a little sugar over the cheese.
- 4 slices bread, county-style, each 1/2 inch thick
- unsalted butter, Melted for brushing
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat an electric panini maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with melted butter.
- Lay the slices, buttered side down, on a clean work surface.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each of 2 bread slices.
- Top each with one of the other bread slices, buttered side up.
- Place the sandwiches on the preheated panini maker and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 2.
I love these. It is a simple recipe but like Redsie said, those are often the best. I don't have a panini maker, but my George Foreman grill works great for these kinds of sandwiches, too. These are delicious sandwiches and I will make them often.
It's often the simplest recipes that are the most effective!! this was tasty and soooooo easy! Thanks Bev!! Only change was to add slices of pickles.