Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is good served as a side to meatloaf, but almost any meat dish will work. The flavor is great.
- 3 3⁄4 cups biscuit mix
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (if you like you can use the extra sharp Cheddar cheese too)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 large grade a egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine cheese and biscuit mix.
- Add the egg, milk and pepper.
- Mix until it is blended well.
- Then spoon mixture into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 45 minutes.
I saw this on the site yesterday and had to run home and try it. It is great! Smells heavenly baking and tastes as good as it smells. I didn't have any red pepper flakes so added a dash of cayanne, it was still very tasty. I think I would even try just spooning these onto a cookie sheet and making biscuits out of them. Thanks for posting.
this is one of my favorite quick breads! i had misplaced the recipe, and am thrilled to find it here! i can't wait to make it with dinner tonight!