Recipe by lauriearleen
This recipe is by Mrs. Isaac N. Smith, Jr. I found posted at a cooking website online.
Top Review by jnpj
I thought these were great! They were cheesy, crispy, and a bit spicy. What more could you ask for? I used almost twice as much Tabasco sauce to get it spicy enough for me. The best ones were the ones that had just turned golden.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 9 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, more to taste
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and cheese together until well blended.
- Add Flour, salt and Tabasco and knead until well blended.
- Knead in the Rice Krispies.
- Make tiny balls out of teaspoon amounts of dough.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and press down with fork until each teaspoon of dough is round and approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove to rack to cool.
- Store in airtight container.