Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
My friend Kelli made this for us it's so good. From Holiday Dinners.
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
- Bring milk just to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; Gradually whisk in butter and grits.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, 5-7 minutes until grits are done.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in egg and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour into a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until mixture is set.
- Garnish, if desired with parsley sprigs.
This is SO good. I did 1 1/2 times the recipe and put it in a 9x13 pan. Had some extra cheese - so I threw it in (you can never have too much cheese). These were really creamy and good. An excellent recipe.