Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
a very simple fondue recipe shared by the melting pot on an early morning talk show!
Make and share this Cheddar Cheese Fondue (Courtesy of the Melting Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces beer or 4 ounces skim milk or 4 ounces broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- cheddar cheese
- mustard powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- apple (cut up to dip)
- start with 4 oz of base (beer, milk or broth).
- add garlic.
- add 3 shakes of mustard powder.
- add small amount of cheddar cheese.
- mix thoroughly (using whipping motion until cheese is melted).
- add five turns of pepper grinder.
- add three to four shakes of worcestershire sauce.
- fold in pepper & worcestershire.
- remove mixing fork.
My husband and I love the Melting Pot and this cheese fondue tasted exactly like theirs. It was fabulous! We used 8 oz of colby/monterrey jack cheese and it was perfect!
I have a electric fondue pot so I made a few changes.. I did 1 cup beef broth, and 8 oz sharp cheddar it was PERFECT!! I left out the mustard and added 1 clove of garlic that i chopped up with a knife.. I will be making this often.
I made this today as a test run for the Fondue party I am hosting next weekend. I LOVE IT!! It is delicious! I used beef broth, and just kept adding shredded cheddar untill the consistency was what I wanted.